After a stressful week of dealing with Home Depot and Top Master, I am pleased to report that both parties were eager to rectify our displeasure in our new counters. Saturday, a crew of 5 guys (whoa) showed up to reinstall the large, rounded piece of counter, which had been fixed in Kansas City and shipped back. One of the crew was a plumber who installed our new sink, faucet, and garbage disposal. We opted to pay for this service, even though it’s something Tyler could have done. We wanted to make sure it was done well, that the seal with the counter was excellent, and in this case, saving several hours of our labor was worth spending a little money. The new faucet had arrived in time and was ready to make his debut.
The finished product was excellent and I’m pleased to report that we are very happy with Silestone and Top Master.
Installing the counters took most of Saturday and I finished the weekend by focusing on yard work. I’m transplanting quite a few shrubs and plants, creating a new planting bed, giving the existing beds a facelift, and working on my vegetable garden.
Tyler and dad began what we thought would be the simple project of paneling the bar and column. Those words have become meaningless, as I now realize that what “should” be a simple project of a day or two quickly turns into 10-14 days of work. I continue to be amazed at my dad’s willingness to help us and forever grateful for his expertise and tireless assistance!
Saturday April 20-Friday April 26
- Had our counters re-installed (hooray!)
- Had our sink, faucet, and garbage disposal installed
- Continued cutting shoe molding
- Began paneling the bar and column
- Tore apart the bar and installed more studs so that the trim would be secure
- Lots of garden/outdoor work